$249 + tax / Person (participants must be at least 12 years old)
8 hours approx. (5-6 hrs paddle time)
Moderate. Previous paddle experience recommended
2 person minimum / 6 person maximum
At least 1 guide per maximum of 6 participants
Guide, kayaks, paddle gear, snack & bottled water
Layered clothing, comfortable shoes and a warm hat
Sun glasses, camera, binoculars, gloves and rain gear
May 12 – September 8, 2018
Daily, departing at 8:00am
If you thrive on adventure, if you hunger for wild places and endless views, if you love to explore at whatever pace suits your mood; give us a call to arrange a full-day Wild Coast Paddle & Cruise. It will be the highlight of your time in Alaska … we guarantee it!
There is no such thing as a “typical” Wild Coast Paddle & Cruise – like snow flakes, no two are the same – and your paddling guide will help to design a route plan that suits your preferences as well as it fits the day’s sea and weather conditions. Your adventure will either begin or end with an exciting one-hour cruise aboard our sturdy transport vessel. Use of the shuttle boat allows you to explore almost twice as much of the Sound in the same amount of time.
No matter what route we paddle, the scenery will be amazing. Sitka Sound is bordered by hundreds of untouched coves, inlets and narrow passages, each containing their own secrets waiting to be discovered. And the waters of the Sound are sprinkled with almost countless un-named islands and reefs. This is the perfect sea kayaking environment, and you’re certain to explore some areas inaccessible by any other means. Few activities can match the experience of gliding silently across the canopy of a kelp forest – the clear waters revealing views of undersea gardens and marine life, while seals bask on the rocks and curious sea otters poke their little flat heads as high as possible out of the water to get a better look at you. There is also a very good chance of sighting steller sea lions or humpback whales.
At the half-way point in our voyage we’ll step ashore on a seldom visited island to stretch our legs, do a little beachcombing, and enjoy a delicious picnic lunch. The total paddling time on our full-day exploration is 5-6 hours, in which time we’ll travel 6-8 miles, depending on your preferences. Although it’s not a strenuous activity, we recommend the full-day paddle only for those who are in good physical condition and at least 12 years of age.
- Participants must be at least moderately fit, and at least 12 years of age.
- Maximum height: 6-ft 4-inches. Maximum weight: 250 pounds.
- Please arrive at the Big Blue Bus at Crescent Harbor 15 minutes prior to tour time.
- Guest safety is our highest priority. Tours will be cancelled if the lead guide determines that conditions are unsafe. A full refund shall be made if the tour is cancelled.
- If you’re coming to Alaska on a cruiseship, and you don’t know the exact timing of your ship’s port-call in Sitka, please click here to review a current version of the 2018 Cruiseship Schedule.
- To ensure we can accommodate your preferred tour timing and/or equipment availability, we highly recommend that you reserve your tour/expedition/kayak rental well in advance of your arrival date in Sitka. The months of June through August are especially busy.
- The information you provide will not be shared with any other person or business entity.