$79 + tax / Adult
$54 + tax / Child (ages 4-12)
2.5 hours approximate (includes 2 hrs paddle time)
Easy. Great for new paddlers of all ages & abilities
2 person minimum / 12 person maximum
At least 1 guide per each 6 participants
Guide(s), kayaks, paddle gear, snack & bottled water
Layered clothing, comfortable shoes and a warm hat
Sun glasses, camera, binoculars, gloves and rain gear
May 3 – September 15, 2017
9:00am, 10:30am, 12:00pm, 1:30pm
Custom tour times can also be arranged
If the time you have in Sitka is short, or if you have not paddled on the ocean before; this two-and-a-half hour adventure is the perfect sea kayaking “sampler”. But be forewarned, those who try it are usually hooked for life!
Picturesque Sitka is located in the most beautiful setting of any coastal community in Alaska, and it is an area rich in history and culture. Your adventure begins with an equipment and safety orientation by your guides. You’ll then set out at a leisurely pace to explore sheltered waterways, harbors and coves.
Sitka’s dependence on the sea will be fully evident as you paddle near fishermen, tug boat crews and Coast Guard sailors all tending to their vessels. Beyond the harbor we’ll explore island shores and kelp forests, while keeping an eye out for abundant wildlife above and below the water’s surface. You may also have the opportunity to watch wild salmon gathering near a stream, preparing to spawn.
Throughout the tour your attentive, friendly guide will relate interesting stories about the area, explain the ecology of the forests and ocean, and point out wildlife and other interesting sights. Bottled water and a light snack will be provided.
- Participants must be at least 4 years of age and have a reasonably long attention span.
- Maximum height: 6-ft 6-inches. Maximum weight: 275 pounds.
- Please arrive at the Big Blue Bus at Crescent Harbor 15 minutes prior to tour time.
- Guest safety is our highest priority. Tours will be cancelled if the lead guide determines that conditions are unsafe. A full refund shall be made if the tour is cancelled.
- If you’re coming to Alaska on a cruiseship, and you don’t know the exact timing of your ship’s port-call in Sitka, please click here to review a current version of the 2017 Cruiseship Schedule.
- To ensure we can accommodate your preferred tour timing and/or equipment availability, we highly recommend that you reserve your tour/expedition/kayak rental well in advance of your arrival date in Sitka. The months of June through August are especially busy.
- The information you provide will not be shared with any other person or business entity.